Planning and Development

Building and Property Standards

The Midwest Planning District is comprised of the Prairie View Municipality, the RM of Ellice-Archie, the Hamiota Municipality and the RM of Oakview.

Oakview Property Standards By-Law | 2019-5


A Development Permit approves the use of a site, as well as the size and location of any buildings or structures. Development Permit approvals must be obtained for new construction, renovations, businesses, and changes of use to existing buildings and property.

A Development Permit is written approval from the Planning District that your plans are in accordance to the Municipality’s Zoning Bylaw regulations.

Oakview Zoning By-Law | 2019-3

For permit applications and/or more information please contact the Midwest Planning District.

Midwest Planning District
111 Sarah Ave, Box 96
Miniota, MB R0M 1M0
204-567-3699 or toll free at 1-888-919-1740

Lisa Hamilton
Development Officer / Fire Inspector

Czarina Conde
Assistant Development Officer, Building Official & Plumbing Inspector
Extension 102
Cell: 204-908-0398